How To Enter Bills In QuickBooks Online
Tech is the way of the future.
And the future is here.
Many businesses are wisely transferring their financial data to QuickBooks Online (QBO) for its easy-to-use application and time-saving features.
Even if you are new to the software, you can start entering bills and bill payments without any specialized knowledge.
Here is a step-by-step guide to entering bills into QBO:
- Navigate to the Bill Window: When you open the Home Page after logging in to your QBO account, go to the + New menu. Beneath the SUPPLIERS column, choose Bill.
- Select a Supplier: Once the Enter Bill Window opens, choose the name of the Supplier who sent you the bill. If this is a new supplier, then click on the + Add new option and type the new name. Once you click + Add new, you’ll be able to enter all the details of the supplier or just click the Save button and add details later.
- Enter details: After you pick a supplier, from the drop-down list select the Terms (e.g. Net 30, Due on receipt), then enter the Bill date and verify the Due date. Usually, QuickBooks will calculate the due date for you based on your payment terms.
- Fill the Account details: Use the CATEGORY column to select the appropriate account under which the bill should be placed.
- Enter a Description: Next to your account details, you will find a DESCRIPTION section that needs to be filled. It is important to explain what was purchased. You can additionally (or alternatively) add an attachment by dragging an e-version of the source document over the box beneath the word Attachments at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter Amount: Enter the AMOUNT of your purchase, and if SALES TAX is applied, enter the correct tax code.
- Click Save: If you have more bills to enter, click Save and new at the bottom right. If you do not need to enter more bills, simply click Save.
If you need assistance entering bills in QBO or require training on how to use the software, the experts at GuYDanS Consulting & Bookkeeping would be happy to help.
In your corner,
The GuYDanS Team
We are a small business consulting and bookkeeping company in Edmonton, Alberta. Our services include bookkeeping, tax preparation, cash-flow planning and budgeting, along with QuickBooks Desktop training, QuickBooks Online training, and QuickBooks Migration. For more information about the services we provide, please click here or get in touch with us here.