How To Enter Bills In QuickBooks Online
Many businesses are quickly transferring their financial data to QuickBooks Online for its easy-to-use application and time-saving features. The integration of the bill payment services has also made it easy for users to record and pay their bills before the due date. This is especially beneficial if you have many suppliers and deadlines to meet.
At GuYDanS Consulting & Bookkeeping in Edmonton, Alberta, we have helped clients keep track of their bills and fulfill their financial obligations by training them in QuickBooks Online. Even if you are new to the software, you can start making bill payments without any specialized knowledge. To ease the process, we have created a step-by-step guide to entering bills in QuickBooks Online so that all your figures are entered accurately and transactions are completed on time.
Login to your QuickBooks Online account, and then follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Bill Window: When you open the Home Page, go to the Create (+) Menu and beneath the Suppliers column, choose Bill.
- Select a Supplier: Once the Enter Bill Window opens, choose the name of the supplier who sent you the bill. If this is a new supplier, then click on the +Add new option and type the new name. Once you click the +Add new, you’ll be able to enter all the details of the supplier or just click the Save button and add details later.
- Enter details: After you pick a supplier, from the drop-down list select the terms (e.g., Net 30), then enter the bill date and verify the due date. Usually, QuickBooks will calculate the due date for you based on your payment terms.
- Fill the Account details: Use the Account details section to enter information about the bill including the appropriate Account.
- Enter a Description: Next to your account details, you will find a description section that needs to be filled. It is important to explain what was purchased.
- Enter Amount: Enter the amount of your purchase, and if Sales Tax is applied, enter the correct tax code.
- Click Save: If you have more bills to enter, click “Save and New” at the bottom right. If you do not need to enter more bills, go to the drop-down arrow and choose “Save and Close.”
You can also enter a memo at the bottom left or upload a copy of the bill and attach it to your entry at the bottom left of the bill window.
If you need assistance entering bills in QuickBooks Online or require training on how to use the software, the experts at GuYDanS Consulting & Bookkeeping would be happy to help.
We are a small business consulting and bookkeeping firm in Edmonton, Alberta. Our services include bookkeeping, tax preparation, cash flow planning and budgeting, new-business startup advice along with QuickBooks Desktop training, QuickBooks Online training, and QuickBooks Migration. For more information about the services we provide, please click here.
GuYDanS Consulting & Bookkeeping serves clients across Edmonton, Sherwood Park, Beaumont, Acheson, Spruce Grove, Nisku, and St. Albert, Alberta. Visit our website for more details or get in touch with us here.